The Caroline Critelli Guarini Campus, situated in Piazza Giuseppe Gioacchino Belli in the Trastevere neighbourhood, is the first University-owned property. The campus was named for Caroline Critelli Guarini (1900 – 2001), mother of the Chairman of the JCU Board of Trustees, Hon. Frank J. Guarini.
Originally built in 1907, the 1600 square-meter (17,222 square feet) building features three original frescos by Giovanni Battista Conti. Let’s take a virtual tour!
The majestic entrance leads to multiple set of staircases. On both sides, there is a mezzanine; on the right are the Admissions offices, and on the left is a lounge space with sofas and chairs. Straight ahead is the courtyard. On the left there’s the main staircase as well as a secondary one with elevator.
The main (first) floor hosts many administrative offices, such as the President’s office, the Chief of Staff, and the Center for Career Services and Continuing Education. The beautiful board room is also on the first floor.
The classrooms are on the second floor. They are large, spacious, and bright. The second floor also has a student lounge and a faculty room.
On the In the basemen level, next to another classroom, there is a big computer lab with 20+ computers where students can study and print their works.
JCU Class of 2018
Communications major, Humanistic Studies minor
Hometown: Naples, Italy