Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in Rome
Studying abroad is a popular way for young people to travel and experience the world. However, many students spend only one semester abroad, just scratching the surface of what a global experience has to offer. While a semester in Italy is a great opportunity, it’s even more rewarding to earn your Bachelor’s degree in Rome. Attending an American university while living in Italy may sound impossible, but–thanks to John Cabot University–it is a wonderful reality.
3 Simple Steps
The thought of moving overseas for some may be overwhelming at first, but follow a few simple steps and you will be in the Eternal City in no time.
It may seem like a no-brainer, but your first step to earning a Bachelor’s degree in Rome is to simply apply:
- Complete an application form. JCU accepts both an online application through the website and the Common Application.
- Submit a 600-word personal essay.
- Pay the €50/$50 non-refundable application fee. (Only U.S. and Canadian citizens may pay in dollars.) Learn about our payment options.
- Send in official transcripts of all secondary and post-secondary school work to date. Transcripts not in English or Italian must be accompanied by a certified English language translation.
- Schedule your interview with an admissions representative. This can be done by phone, Skype, or in person.
- Submit letter(s) of recommendation or the Teacher Evaluation Form. Freshman applicants must submit two letters of recommendation; transfer applicants submit one.
- Submit SAT or ACT results (US applicants only).
- Submit evidence of English language proficiency (this is required only for non-native English speakers who have not attended an English-language institution for at least 2 years).
Assuming you have been accepted to John Cabot, now is the time to start living… to start enjoying your experience! Take advantage of this once in a lifetime opportunity and enjoy:
- Having Rome as your classroom!
- A vibrant, multicultural atmosphere
- JCU-organized trips, activities, and clubs
- Making friends from all around the globe
- Learning and perfecting the Italian language
- Introspection and personal growth
- Getting to know JCU’s brilliant professors
- Extensive liberal arts courses
- World-renowned food
- Il dolce far niente, Roman-style (the sweetness of doing nothing)
Your undergraduate years at John Cabot University will fly by. Before you know it, you will be finishing up your thesis, saying goodbye to roommates, and preparing for your commencement ceremony. You will feel sad that this incredible era has ended, but you will be properly prepared to face the “real world.” Earning your Bachelor’s degree in Rome, and more specifically graduating from John Cabot, gives you all the tools you need to succeed in the next phase of your life. As you are handed your diploma, you will smile, stand proudly, and reflect on what this degree means to you. You will be leaving Rome with professional experience, global awareness, lifelong friendships, and the desire to excel in all you do.