Tiramisu is always a crowd favorite, and it’s not as challenging as you might think! Follow Admissions Counselor Nadia Spagnoli’s recipe and achieve delicious results that your friends will rave about for weeks to come.
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 3 eggs
- 250 gr of mascarpone
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- Pack of Savoiardi cookies or Pavesini cookies (ladyfingers)
- 6-9 servings of espresso from Italian Moka coffee machine
- Cocoa powder
- Prepare servings of coffee, poor in a bowl and let cool.
- Divide egg whites and egg yolks in two different bowls. Mix egg yolks with an electric mixer. Add three tablespoons of regular sugar in the yolk. Mix yolks and sugar together until creamy. Once it reaches a creamy/frothy consistency, add the mascarpone and stir with a spoon until it becomes a soft cream.
- Mix the egg whites with an electric mixer until they become fluffy and smooth.
- Add the fluffy egg whites slowly into the bowl with the egg yolks and mascarpone.
- Stir with a spoon until everything is soft and creamy.
- Using a square glass or ceramic baking dish (a disposable aluminum pan will do as well), begin adding layers one at a time, starting with one layer of mascarpone at the bottom.
- Soak cookies one by one in the coffee and add them in the pan. (Don’t soak the cookies too much or else your tiramisu will be very soggy!)
- Once your first layer of cookies is complete, cover in mascarpone.
- Start your second layer of soaked cookies. Complete your layer and cover with mascarpone. Repeat the process until you reach the edge of your pan.
- Complete your last layer with mascarpone and top it off with cocoa powder all over the top.
- Let it sit in the refrigerator for 12-24 hours, and remove just before serving.
Voilà! You just made your first tiramisu! Congratulations and enjoy your delicious Italian desert!