All of us have to deal with packing sooner or later during the semester. Some only have to do it twice: once when arriving and once when leaving JCU. Others prefer to travel almost every weekend! Let’s be honest – packing is not fun, especially when you have to fit all of your 500 T-shirts in one suitcase. Here is a list of tips that might be helpful:
- Protect breakable things like glass fragrance bottles by placing them inside socks before packing.
- Roll your clothes instead of folding them to maximize the space in your luggage. Roll items as tightly as possible in order to achieve the most space-saving effect.
- Place large and heavy clothes at the bottom. This will make it easier to find items in your suitcase.
- Use the inside of your shoes as storage space. Stuff socks and other small items inside your shoes. Not only will it save you space, but it will also help keep the shape of your shoes.
- Place fragile things in the center of your suitcase. This way, they are less likely to break or spill.
- Put suits and other formal clothes on top. Put dress shirts on top so that you can remove them easily for hanging and ironing. This should also allow them to lie more flat.
- Put your shoes in a plastic bag. By doing this you will protect other clothes from getting dirty. You can use plastic bags from the supermarket or a shower cap.
- Place your underwear in the gaps. Once the suitcase is almost filled, put the underwear down on the sides of it. This will save you space and make them easy to find.
Прочитайте этот пост на русском!
What will be your final destination, once your suitcase is all packed? Travel around the world while studying in John Cabot University!
Class of 2018
Hometown: Moscow, Russia