While many students head home for the summer vacation, others choose to stay in Rome during the summer sessions and take classes instead. Although taking a class over the summer may not be at the top of your list, there are actually a few reasons why it’s a great idea!
- If you are a little worried about taking difficult classes during the Fall or Spring semesters, take them during the summer! You can take just 1 or 2 classes per summer session, which means that you will have much more time to focus on the subject. Plus, classes at JCU during the summer sessions tend to be relatively small. Taking a difficult class during a summer session can help reduce your workload for the rest of the academic year.
- A lot of new study abroad students come to JCU over the summer, which means that you will be able to meet new and interesting people from all over the world!
- JCU invites visiting professors who are not available throughout the school year. You may get the chance to study with and learn from an amazing professor visiting from a prestigious university.
- It is a good opportunity to earn some extra money. The student employment office is always looking for students who are willing to work during the summer, since many JCU student workers leave Rome as soon as the spring finals are over! You must be enrolled in one of the summer sessions to be able to work over the summer.
- There are a lot of fun things to do in Rome during the summer – special concerts, the festival along the Tiber River, outdoor cinema, and more! If it gets too hot, you can also easily escape to the beach, just a train ride or bus ride away.
Прочитайте этот пост на русском!
Class of 2018
Hometown: Moscow, Russia